Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Woman's Work...

We had our last occupational therapy today. We will still have speech 3 times a week for the next month. The OT sent home some stuff we can do to continue to improve.

Tomorrow will be one month that Mark's been home. Exactly the same amount of time he was in the hospital. The rehab doc said that the first 90 days is critical and when we will see the most improvement. We're 2/3 of the way through. I hope I can push us through the last 30 to give Mark the biggest opportunity to be his best. It scares me a little to be in charge of his therapy. What the crap do I know? Pray for me. And for him, of course.

One of the first things he said to me this morning was, "I don't want to fight like we did yesterday. I hate it when we fight. It's gross. I just want to spend my day with you." So that's what we did. After therapy I had a million and one things on my "to do list". I didn't get a single one of them done. I sat next to my husband with my legs draped across his while we held hands and he rubbed my arm. I think we were watching "That 70's Show". He would doze in and out and stir when I laughed. Much better day than yesterday. Except that "to do list" is still hanging over my head. Of course, it always is. A woman's work is never done. Tomorrow will be a day full of chores and phone calls I dread making. They say knowledge is power....I say ignorance is bliss. Until tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. Let me know if I can help you with your to do list. I'd love to.

    Of course you can do it! You continue to be in our prayers, but I have faith that you can do it and that Mark will continue to improve and slowly but surely return to some sense of normalcy. We love you! Keep the faith my friend, your family is a great example of modern miracles.

    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Colette, of course YOU CAN DO IT!! What can't you do Scarlet? I wish we stilled lived by each other so I could do more for you guys! And you are always in our prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with ignorance is bliss...

    ReplyDelete