Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday, Monday....So Good To Me

Really, it was just another Monday. But you should try coming up with a new title everyday. I'm not sure why they are mostly song titles.

We had speech therapy today and Mark rocked it! The student intern made some cards with names of people that we know intimately, and we went over them a lot. Naming is a huge trial for Mark. And not just people. Everything. So he was happy that he could use people's names. We're working on getting rid of "Cindy" and all of her alias' such as: Sandy, Cristy, Crispy, Candy, etc. Sorry to all who have grown attached to the names. They're on their way out!!!

They also played a barrier game. This is where Mark has to describe how he is doing something and the other person can't see what he's doing. The other person has to do what Mark is telling him to do and then they remove the barrier to see if the communication was successful. Mark did really well when he was the one communicating. Not as well on the receiving end. But it was fun to watch him communicate so well. They asked him what he did for work and he went on and on about being an electrician. Talked about wire and voltage. They were working with colored blocks and he kept calling the black one blue. Then he explained something about the two colors of wire. I didn't really understand it, but you could tell that he knew what he was talking about. It was neat to watch him be excited about something he knows.

We then went over to the Outpatient center for a final MRI. I've never had one and I don't think I ever want to. The nurse wanted me to wait in the front waiting room and Mark wouldn't have it. So I went back to the men's changing room with him while he changed and waited for him to go into the tube. She kept the door open while she loaded him up so that he would know I was there. Then I went to a patient waiting room right across the hall. He told the nurse he hasn't been anywhere without me. I think I'm now his permanent shadow. Which is fine with me. We'll see the neurosurgeon on the 31st to go over the films. They took pictures of his brain, as well as the optic nerve on his left eye. We're hoping maybe they'll tell us that the optic nerve just needs time to heal. Mark hopes, anyway. I feel like it's lost for good. We'll see.

Mark struggled today with not being able to work and provide for his family. He told me he wants to look at what's available to bid and get moving on it. He feels like he's a worthless burden on his family. He asked me again if I loved him enough to stick around through all of this. I told him if I didn't, I would have found me a boyfriend while he was sleeping in the ICU. It breaks my heart when he talks like this. I remind him that our little family is all that really matters. The house, cars, toys....they're all just things. I have him and my beautiful healthy girls. That's all I care about.

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome Scarlet. You are truly, truly blessed in many ways. Prayers still coming your way! Love ya! And can't wait to see you SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! I don't know if I can answer to my real name! :) So excited though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlet-
    You don't know me. I am a friend of Tiffany's. We are praying for you. I love reading your blog. You are not afraid to share the ups and downs. May the Lord continue to bless you and Mark during this recovery process.

    ReplyDelete