Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

No Really....It Runneth Over

Today my husband cried. Real tears and real emotion. I almost couldn't contain my joy and sadness.

Mark had a reality check. He realized that he's not working and won't be going to work for some time. He knows this translates into some serious financial hardships for us. He is worried about me having to handle all of this on my own. He is worried about what will happen to us. He is worried about the girls and the effect it will have on them. He feels like "a piece of crap" because he's not providing for his family and the ship is sinking.

Mark had a reality check. He realized how serious his injuries were/are and was apologetic that I had to go through this nightmare alone. I informed him that I wasn't alone. But it WAS the most difficult thing I could ever deal with. And I told him I would gladly go through all of it again to have him with me forever.

Mark had a reality check. He realized there is much to do and he won't be able to be much help. He is struggling with the fact that he is mentally and physically fatigued by the smallest uses of energy. He's frustrated that he can't see out of his left eye, and therefore cannot do a lot things he used to do. He's frustrated that his mind is not clear. Just the fact that he knows his mind is not clear has me shouting for joy and mourning what we have lost.

Mark had a reality check. He realized he can't do this alone. I asked him if he needed a priesthood blessing and he said yes. I called his dad and he came out tonight and blessed him with strength to go on, the ability to be healed, and a compassion for those in his family.

My cup is still running over, especially as Mark offered our family prayer tonight. He even got about 95% of the words correct. It's running and running and running....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Scarlet-despite the seriousness of all he is still going through and will still face, what a blessing for him to be recognizing this. I have tears of sadness and joy for you. Truly, your cup runneth over. You are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend.... what a blessing but how frustrating for Mark. What a great blessing that he can recognize that he needed some spiritual guidance. He can do it! I have faith in both of you! He has come so far and he will make it. Small and steady wins the race. We love you all! We are praying for you!
    Love ya,
    Collette

    ReplyDelete