Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dinner With Friends (definitely not Schmucks)

From left to right: Brandi & Keith, Tiffany & Mike, Kim & Alan

Today was a fun day filled with love and laughter. It was a much needed break from the realities of life. And while we talked about Mark and all that has happened to our family, we laughed, we stuffed ourselves, and we expressed our love for each other. Good, good day.


We have been scrapbooking together for over 6 years now. We have shared our lives together through our hobby. We've had babies, we've had deaths, we've had many challenges and triumphs. I truly count these ladies among my greatest blessings and I love them. We take a picture of all of us every time we meet together. Kim gave us a copy of the one we took last December. I realized last night it was taken just after my Dad died. And now we have this one, a year later, just after Mark's near death experience. I sure hope when we take the next one at the end of 2011 that it will be after a year filled with more triumphs than challenges. I honestly don't think I can take another December like the last two.

Mark has had a very busy week. He had wanted to go to Alan & Kim's after lunch, but once he got in the car he decided he wanted to pick up his girls and go home. He doesn't like being away from his girls for long periods of time. It's really sweet to witness the love he has for his babies.

As we laid in bed tonight, Mark leaned over and looked me in the eyes and said, "I really did almost die? What my brother did to me really almost killed me?" More and more everyday, the gravity of the situtation is settling in. And more and more everyday, I am so grateful to still have him with me. Dr. Cook told him on Friday that his great challenge now is to figure out what the Lord wants him to do, why He allowed him to live and stay on the earth. I can give him 4 really good reasons why.

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday was absolutely perfect. We had so much fun and it was so good to laugh with you again! Here's hoping there's many more laughs to come SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a much needed get together day! I loved every second of it (well except the mediocre service!) It was SO GOOD to see you and Mark. Modern day miracles! We are privileged to know you. Love you ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice photo =) Tell M and the girls hi for us...love you!

    ReplyDelete