Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Just Called...To Say...I Love You

There are things I see in Mark everyday that show me he is returning to me. One of those things is laughter. He's making me laugh. Another is sarcasm. Anyone who truly knows Mark knows he is not himself without A LOT of sarcasm. Another is in the way he can counsel and comfort me. He truly is my best friend. I needed that part of him during 11 hours of brain surgery when I was worried that he might not live. I needed that part of him when he was lying in a coma. I needed that part of him when he was awake, but not coherent. I needed that part of him when I had to make business and financial decisions for our family. I desperately needed him then. I have most of him now.

Mark had a follow-up appointment with the rehab docs. It was a doctor that we had not seen yet. He said at the end of the visit that when he read the reports before he walked into the room, he was not expecting to see Mark walking, talking and making sense. Mark could answer his questions and stay in the conversation. The doc said it truly was remarkable from what he had heard and read about his injuries. Kudos Mark!

I know that I have not had anything to do with his healing. I know that it is all doctors, nurses, his own body and the Lord. But I take great pride in how well he is progressing. I love to hear the doctors and nurses tell me he is remarkable. I love to take him to the ICU to "show off" how well he has recovered. I know how remarkable he in so many other ways. It feels so good to hear it from other people.

He's worried about us financially and feels worthless as he goes to endless therapies and doctor's appointments, and can only rest between the hustle and bustle. He's worried that I may get tired of taking care of him and dealing with the stress of this new life and decide I've had enough and leave. He's worried that he'll never be able to take care of his family again, and just be a continual burden to them. He's worried that his children won't respect him because he's not "doing" anything with his life. He's worried...worried...worried. And it breaks my heart.

I can't tell you how many times he expressed his love for me today. I can't tell you how good it made me feel each and every time he did. I can't tell you how great it was to express that love back to him.

1 comment:

  1. It is remarkable that he is returning to his normal self. Wow! Look how far you've come in the last few weeks. I am so glad that you can see him returning to himself and that he is able to express his love to you. I can't imagine what he must be feeling but know that we pray for you guys everyday. The Lord has performed a modern day miracle and you will all be blessed. We love you all! Keep the faith and let us know what we can do to help you.

    ReplyDelete