Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Truth Hurts

Well....we had our first big fight today. Someone called wanting Mark to come look at some work. He talked to the girl for a few minutes, told her his brother hit him and he'd been in "jail" for a month, but he could take a look at it. He handed me the phone to give the e-mail address so she could send the information. I then proceeded to tell her that he'd suffered a severe TBI and wouldn't be working for a little while. He got SO MAD at me. He said I made it sound like he was stupid and couldn't do anything. He said he was just trying to make some money to take care of his family. He said she would never call us again to do any work. He put his jacket on and got in the car to wait to go to therapy.

I felt horrible. What was I supposed to do in this situation? I'm trying to protect him and take care of this family. I understand how it must feel to be completely sidetracked and know that he's not himself. I felt like a jerk and that I did what I needed to do, all at the same time. I apologized that he felt that way and tried to explain to him that he's just not ready yet. He didn't really understand what I was saying. This sucks really bad.

Avery didn't have a friend to hang out with today, so she went with us to therapy. I dropped a disgruntled Mark off and we ran some errands. Wayne picked Mark up and took him to lunch and to another work related meeting. This time Mark got to be a helper to one of the electricians. He was beaming when he got home. It did wonders for his mental state. We kissed and made up and Mark said, "I don't want to fight with you like that. I missed you today. Please come be with me." We snuggled and watched a little TV before he fell asleep. All's well that ends well.

I learned some things today that I didn't know otherwise. I learned that people you are supposed to be able to trust the most can be the biggest disappointment to you. I am sick. I am disgusted. I am hurt. I am angry. I feel like a fool. And while the truth may never come out in this life, I know that one day it will. And while I am required to forgive, eventually, I do not have to be friends with these people. I do not have to allow them back into our lives. I don't trust them. I don't like them. I can't stomach them. I am done with them.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry about your fight Scarlet! That had to have been very hard. And I am sorry that there are "certain people" that have hurt you and your family that you can no longer trust. But you have soooo many friends that love you guys and consider you family and would NEVER think of hurting you. We all love you so much!! We are all here for you.

    Love ya
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have enough people you KNOW you can love and trust, that I believe you'll get along just fine doing without the others. And as trite as it sounds, I'm sorry this is your reality right now. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've got your back Scarlet, and contrary to poplular belief. . . blood is not always thicker than water - unfortuntely. As always, we love you! Keep your head up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS-Remember this quote, "One good friend is worth more than a thousand relatives..."

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GLAD Tiff added that! As I was writing my comment I was literallly thinking to myself, "What is it that Tiff always says about friends vs. relatives?" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Tiffany and Kim have your backs...you are safe and loved!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Tiffany! and you have several of those kinds of friends. Keep the Faith my friend! You are amazing and are doing much better than you give yourself credit for.
    luv ya!

    ReplyDelete