Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Road To Hell Is Paved With Good Intentions

So you know that "to do list" I was talking about yesterday? Completely derailed. I was SO looking forward to having Friday at home to get some much needed chores done. Started out pretty good. Got kids up and off to school. Two loads of laundry washed before they left. Took a shower, made beds & got the kitchen taken care of. Was just getting ready to do bathrooms when Mark said he needed me to go to Costco to pick up his meds. Now, Costco is quite a ways from Salem. Some may wonder if it is worth it to drive all the way to Orem. Here's why it's worth it: I could save $35 over picking them up somewhere else closer to me. And while that's not a HUGE amount of money, it is an ENORMOUS amount of money when you have no insurance or income. So off we went. We had 3 written prescriptions and the doctor was supposed to have called in 2 others. We get there only to find out the doctor hasn't made that call. The pharmacy tech, who was AWESOME at customer service, called them and got their voicemail because they close from 12-1 for lunch. It was 12:30. She left a message and they proceeded to fill the other three. At 1:09 she called again. Voicemail. Can I just tell you that by this point I am NOT HAPPY! Oh...I forgot to add that I left my phone at home. So, we go out to the car & Mark reminds me that I have minutes left on my car phone through OnStar. So I call the doctor's office and get the nurse. She sounded a little irritated. She must have just listened to the two messages from Costco and here I was calling a third time. But I really don't care. It should have been called in the day before and here we were running around trying to get it taken care of. The nurse said she was calling it in right now. We decided to grab some lunch since we had to wait for it to be filled anyway. Mind you it is now 1:30. Off we go to McDonald's. Upon our return arrival I tell Mark to stay in the car with Avery and I'll just run in and get it. When I get to the window the WONDERFUL pharmacy tech says, "We just got it. But it's only for one. We'll get this filled right now." Mind you again, it is now 2:00. So I sit and wait. Before too long here come Mark and Avery. We sit and sit and sit. Finally another tech comes out and asks for our name. She comes back 5 minutes later and says she doesn't have enough to fill it. She has enough to get him through Sunday. Are you freaking kidding me?!!! So I tell her to call it in to Walgreens in Payson. She says she'll do it right now and tell them we're on our way. Off we go. It is now 2:30. Two hours at Costco for prescriptions?! REALLY??!!

At this point I am extremely flustered and PISSED! We arrive at Walgreen's to find out that they want $75 for the one prescription. The total for all 5 at Costco was going to be $65. Pardon my French, but WTF? I tell her there is NO WAY I'm going to pay $75 for that. She says she can scan some card and it brings it down to $42. I start laughing. There goes my $35 savings, 3 hours of my life I'll never get back, and the gas to get us to and fro. Needless to say, my good intentions to get my "to do list" done were long gone. I have heard the following saying before: The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Here I come, Lucifer!

At this point I had had it with my day. We hurry over to pick the girls up from school. When everyone was in the car and we're headed up the hill to the house I said, "I want to run away." Mark and Madison said at the same time, "Can I come?" They obviously didn't understand the meaning behind my statement. So I just laughed.

After getting home I kind of needed a break. I sat down at the computer to look at cake stuff online and Mark asked me to come sit with him on the couch. I didn't want to, but I did it anyway. We sat for about 30 minutes and he decided to get up and check on Avery who was in the shower. He had been reclining on the couch. He stood up and walked down the hall. Next thing I know I hear elbows hitting the wall and see his head and shoulders come down to the floor. I haven't moved that fast since Madison fell out of a tree last summer. I stood over him as he laughed. LAUGHED!!! I know he didn't hit his head because I saw that part of his body. I pulled him up off the floor and he asked if I was okay. After all that had happened today, I burst into tears and said, "NO! I'm NOT okay!" He hugged me and apologized for falling. He said everything just went black. I think it was a combination of 3 things: he stood up too fast, he hadn't eaten anything since breakfast (didn't get any food at McDonalds), and he's on blood pressure medicine because the side effects help with brain injuries. I think his pressure may be running a little low. At this point it was safe to say that I was DONE for the day. I can only handle so much drama in any 24 hour period. I had maxed my limit and then some. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara...tomorrow is another day.

1 comment: