Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Wash, Rinse, Repeat...Repeat...Repeat

No therapies today. Mark said he didn't feel very good this morning and said, "Please respect what I'm telling you. I don't feel very good." It was hard for me to resign to not going to therapy, but I gave in. I need him to understand how important the therapies are to his recovery, but I also want him to have some sense of independence. The poor man is never alone. I even have to follow him into the bathroom.

And part of the reason he is never alone is that he does things like he did today. We had to drop the dog off at the groomer, so we all (Mark, Avery and I) loaded up in the car and headed over. I popped out to deliver the dog and while I was giving instructions to the groomer, he got out of the car. Scared me half to death. What if he slipped on the ice? What if he tripped on the curb? What if he got dizzy, lost his balance, and fell and hit his head on ANYTHING? I literally cannot leave him alone for a minute. So when it came time to go pick up the dog, he wanted nothing to do with getting out and about again. He was a lot more dizzy, wobbly and confused today than he has been for a while. So I called Cindy (Kim) and asked her to come "sit" while I picked up the dog. Thankfully she works in Springville and was relatively close.

But as the day wore on, the more coherent he became. He wanted to talk about what happened to him. So we had "the talk" again. He asked good questions and made good comments. It looked and sounded to me as if it was going to stick with him this time. He's frustrated he can't remember it. He wants to know the truth, but I don't have it for him. I have to keep reminding him that I wasn't there and I can't get anyone to tell me anything. All I have is what the responding officer told me. I can't even read the police report because it's still an open case. Extremely frustrating for both of us. I just shrug my shoulders and say, "I don't know", to a lot of his questions. But I plan to have this talk many more times as the weeks wear on. As many times as it takes.

2 comments:

  1. Please call Chad or I if you ever need to run somewhere and need someone to be there. Or if you have errands to run and we could do them for you. We're only down the street. We also have therapists that work for us (speech, occupational, and physical). We would love to donate some therapy if it would help. Please let us help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think about you guys everyday. You are not only in my thoughts but in my prayers. Please let us know if we can help out as well. We love you all! Keep the faith my friend! Progress is being made -- I see Mark's progress in every post you make. :)

    ReplyDelete