Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Spirit Of God, Like A Fire Is Burning

Mark wanted to go to church today. I knew he couldn't handle all three hours, so I had a neighbor take the girls to the first two meetings and we went to Sacrament meeting. We weren't halfway through the first verse of the opening hymn and Mark was sobbing. He cried and cried and cried. Probably through at least half of the meeting. I asked him if he wanted to go home and he said he was fine. I didn't bring my church bag with me today so I had to have Madison go to the library and grab a box of tissues. After church we met with our Bishop and cried again. He said he was so overcome by the Spirit and the recognition of the Savior's love for him. I think he was feeling what I have felt all along. It was his turn to feel his Savior's arms around him and know that his Father in Heaven loves him and is blessing him and his family. It was good to watch, but hard to watch, as is much of what is happening with him lately. I'm so glad he had that experience. It's been a while.

I printed the article in the paper about the assault. He tried to read it, but he couldn't understand some of the words. I read it to him and explained it along the way. He is surprised and angry about what was reported. Quote: "I would not have done that. That is not the kind of person I am. I am not a violent person. He is. It is ridiculous to say that I would have hit him first. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard." At this point he doesn't remember anything about it. I'm hoping his memory returns before we go to trial. I would like to have his side of the story heard.

Mark is recognizing more and more that the words he is saying aren't making much sense. It frustrates him, but sometimes we can have a good laugh about it. Like when he calls the girls Cindy. We just smirk and giggle, which makes him laugh. We'll get through it. One of these days it's going to click and he'll be calling everyone by their correct name. Until then, we will ALL continue to respond to being called "Cindy".

1 comment:

  1. What an emotional day but so glad that he was able to feel our Savior's love for him. You all really need to feel that love. When I read the newspaper article, I said and felt all of the things that Mark said. My prayer each day is that you will all feel the Love from our Savior and that Mark will heal and return to his normal self as soon as possible. We love you all! -- Collette

    ReplyDelete