Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Monday, February 7, 2011

When It Rains, It Pours

I apologize I didn't get something posted yesterday. No, it wasn't because I was too engrossed in the Super Bowl. After 5 hours in the ER last night, Mark was moved into the IMC.

He hadn't been feeling well most of the weekend. I went in to check on him around 4:15 and he wouldn't focus on me, he wasn't making any sense, and he was rigid. His hands had curled in and I couldn't get him to cooperate. I got him dressed and we both nearly went down to the floor. I called my bishop to come help me get him to the hospital.

The ER gave him a lot of sedative drugs because he was really agitated and they needed to get another CT. After 4 hours and enough drugs to sedate an elephant, they finally took him in, agitated or not. The CT showed no change from the last one, which is good. They're pretty sure he had a seizure. It was a long night with wrestling matches and not much sleep. I'm only home long enough to shower, have a good cry, pack him some clean clothes and head back.

They're supposed to do an EEG today of his brain to see if there's any seizure activity. It's something you have to be completely out for. Don't know how they're going to manage that. The rehab docs are going to evaluate him, as well.

At this point I have no idea how long he'll be in the hospital.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are dealing with all of this. Your posts are amazing, uplifting and miraculous. Good luck my thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is always scary. My John had seizures and you never know how they will act after wards. With Johns EEG's he had to be sleep deprived for them to see any activity. It is amazing how sensitive the EEG monitors are.

    ReplyDelete