Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

Moving has a way of getting in the way of your normal routine. I do hope you'll accept my apologies for missing TWO days in a row.

Saturday was a fun day. We had lunch with some dear friends with the cutest little boys. Mark & Dewey used to work together, many moons ago, and have been friends ever since. We used to go to their house in the Basin every 24th of July to watch the rodeo, have a sleepover and watch the parade. We haven't been in a couple of years because our families have expanded. But we've remained friends, none the less. It was good to see them and laugh again.

From there we headed to the movies. The girls were on an outing with their cousin Suzanne, so we were free for a few hours. We saw "Just Go With It" with Adam Sandler & Jennifer Aniston. I recommend it. We had another good laugh. It felt good to do something other than cry with worry.

Sunday was interesting. We were up early enough to get to my mom's ward at 9:00. We sat through Sacrament meeting and decided we needed to go to our Salem ward. The girls were already in Primary, so we left them there. We met with our Bishop and what a difference it made in our state of mind. We both had a GOOD cry, received some much needed counsel and love, and left with a renewed sense of direction. It's very difficult to go through a trial and not question (even if it's only once) whether the Lord is aware of you and listening to your prayers. Since we've had trial piled onto trial, piled onto trial, we were seriously starting to doubt. It didn't take long listening to our Bishop to realize that we are blessed. He is hearing our prayers. And he's even answering some of them. The most important and astounding being the preservation of Mark's life. My sweet cousin, Amber, puts a daily affirmation on her FB page. The other day it said: To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do. I'm going to try and stop whining about what I've lost and relish what I've got. The BEST thing being my husband. And since this is a challenge to myself (and you if you'd like to join me), I will now make a list of some of my blessings.

Mark, Madison, Olivia, Avery & Mocha
My Savior, Jesus Christ
The Atonement
My testimony
The Temple
Mom, Tye & Paige, Q & Cindy, Lee & Leigh
My dear friends that are too numerous to name (you know who you are)
Love
Roof over my head
Warm bed
Good food
My ward family
My old ward family
Prayer
Priesthood blessings
Strangers that pray for us
Doctors & nurses
Medical technology
Modern medicine
Healthy bodies
Running shoes
A reliable car
A good work ethic
Strong shoulders
My talents
Police officers
Ambulances.....

Needless to say, they are many. I will try to remember a new one each day, no matter how minute I may think it is. If it will keep a smile on my face and keep the doubt & fear of the adversary away, it's worth it.

p.s. Happy Valentine's Day (even though I hate it)

3 comments:

  1. You're awesome Scarlet! I'm proud to know you. Happy Valentine's Day (I hate it too...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your idea is fantastic and I will join you. I agree with Tiffany... I'm proud to know you! I hope you had a nice day with your family. (I hate it to!) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlet,
    just wanted to let you know we continue to pray for your family. I check your blog daily and you are always in my thoughts. You are so strong and you truly amaze me.Your testimony has really strengthened mine. I'm sure it's hard to count your blessings at this point but you really are so blessed and so loved by so many. Keep hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete