Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Isn't It About...Time

Today was a good day. One of the benefits to neither of us working is that we actually HAVE time to go to the Temple each week. What a blessing that is. Nowhere else on earth can we feel the peace and love of our Savior so greatly. Mark still struggles with the wording, but going each week will definitely improve this. He's embarrassed that he can't get it right by himself. Most of the time the Temple workers are patient with him. A male patron came through before Mark and I was standing just inside the Celestial room. He asked me if Mark suffered from Alzheimer's or some kind of dementia. I told him he was recovering from a severe traumatic brain injury and he said he would pray for him to make a full recovery. Once again I am in awe at what even strangers are willing to do for us. When I told Mark this, he cried. And so did I.

Not much happened beyond the Temple. And that's okay. It was such a good experience. Today my very good friend, practically a sister, marked 4 years without her Dad. On December 8th I marked one year without my Dad. As I thought of us and our losses I am reminded how close I came to losing my Mark. How grateful I am this day for the answer to my many pleadings, and the many pleadings of our friends, neighbors and stangers, that my Mark is still with me. I am grateful that his life was preserved in order for me and my girls to be able to enjoy the rest of this mortal life together. How grateful I am for the Temple and that we can enjoy the eternities together. How grateful I am for all of you that include us in your daily thoughts and prayers.

Blessing of the Day: time together

2 comments:

  1. The temple is a wonderful place and I'm so glad that you guys are able to spend some time there together. What a wonderful blessing in spite of everything that has happened.

    Blessing of the day: my hubby

    I love this idea! Thanks for sharing and letting me participate with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet words. The only good thing about our Dad's being gone is that they are on the other side helping us here. As we both can attest, this really happens. I know without a doubt they were both with us that night in the hospital, along with several other times throughout the last year. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete