Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Something To Talk About

Sorry for the absense. Been a busy week. We are basically back to normal in our marriage. At least as normal as you can be with a brain injury person.

We did attend a conseling session today at LDS Family Services. I didn't know if Mark would attend with me, or if he would understand why I wanted to. It took us the full hour to explain what's going on in our lives. Mark was emotional as the therapist shared a scripture with us: 2 Nephi 28:30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; Mark is struggling with the fact that he can't do a lot of things he used to before the injury. The therapist said that it was remarkable he had gained back as much of his independence as he had, and that just like in this scripture, Mark will eventually gain all of his independence back. He just needs to be patient as it will come "here a little, there a little". Then he showed us a picture of people ascending some stairs towards a bright light. The person on the top was reaching back to help the people on the lower steps. This really touched Mark. He asked why the top person was helping the lower person. The therapist told him to ask me what it meant. I explained that the person at the top loved the other person very much and wanted them to enjoy whatever there was to aspire to, together. I told him the Lord had given us to each other in order that we may help each other. I help him because I love him. Overall it was a really good exprerience. He was still confused as to why we met with him, but said it was good and he'd like to go back. Progress....here a little, there a little.

I've noticed that in his speech therapy we seem to have taken a small step backwards. I spoke to the therapist about it today and he said it is likely several things: depression, change in meds, the stress of the move, and maybe the seizure. His speech was faster, he was more animated in his expressions, and he completed his speech tasks with more ease....before the seizure. The therapist wasn't too concerned, but was glad that I had noticed it as well. He also said that before he was listening more attentively. Now he wants to talk more. Wow...that's a surpise.

We're going to get him off his pain meds and try to do something else for his back pain. It's in the thoracic region of his spine, so there's not a lot of options at this point. But he wants to get rid of the meds and I'm ALL for that. That process starts on Tuesday. Wish us luck!!

Blessing of the Day: communication

1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine all that your family is going through, but I do know that there are lots of people who love you and are praying for you. You are an amazing person and I'm proud to call you my friend.

    Love you!

    blessing of the day: sisters

    ReplyDelete