Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Monday, March 7, 2011

The Amazing Brain

We were sitting together around the dinner table and Mark was remembering. He was asking me if I remembered our black Nissan Sentra. He asked me if I remembered taking it on a long drive. I thought he was talking about our trip to Texas. He asked me if I remembered going to Yellowstone to go snowmobiling with my Dad and how it was so cold that it would never warm up and how he had to put a piece of cardboard in front of the radiator so that the heater would work. Really? I DO remember that trip and all of what he talked about. I'm astounded that HE does. Once again proving how absolutly AWESOME the brain is and it's ability to recover from such traumatic circumstances. Including losing part of itself. Just amazing.

We met with Dr. Gregory, the neuro/psyche therapist today. It went well in that he has the background with brain injury patients to better help us move forward. He gave us some valuable tips on helping Mark to bridge the time from now to his full recovery in a year. I need to be more organized (shocker) in how I manage his time. He needs activities on the daily calendar so that he has something to look forward to each day. Some of that needs to be exercise. He can't do much, but we'll start with walking and some light hand weights. I also need to rely more on outside family and friends to help with some of his activities. He can't do EVERYTHING at home. It's no wonder the man is going crazy! I'm hopeful that we can introduce some of these new ideas and it will make a healthy difference to Mark. The weather isn't cooperating with us, though.

Mark's been nervous all day about getting rid of meds tomorrow. I don't blame him. It's not the most pleasant of experiences. But with a doctor's help it shouldn't be nearly as bad as going it alone. He's ready, but worried. I'm ready, but worried. But for different reasons. He doesn't want to go through hell. I want it to work and stick. Perhaps we'll both get our wish. Until tomorrow....

Blessing of the Day: memories

No comments:

Post a Comment