Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Can I Get A Noun...Pat?

I don't know if I've blogged about this or not, so if I have, skip this paragraph. Mark seems to pick a "word of the day". Today it was "grandma". Yesterday it was "onion". The day before it was "rabbit". For several days in a row it was "policeman". It's interesting to note that most of the time he doesn't "hear" himself saying his words. Sometimes he catches himself and knows he said the wrong word and it frustrates him, but most of the time he doesn't. I try to PATIENTLY correct him or direct him otherwise. I told my Mom yesterday that if the Lord was trying to teach me patience He could have picked a less traumatic & devastating way to do it.

Mark and I went over his picture flash cards for him to name his nouns and he didn't get any of them. He can describe to me what he sees in the picture, but he can't come up with the actual name. When I turn the card over so he can read the word on the back, sometimes he reads it and says, "Right. That's what I said." Most of the time he is frustrated that he knew that was the word he was looking for, he just couldn't get it out. My Mom said maybe his vocabulary library is the part of the brain that was macerated and removed. I don't know if that's the case. It's extremely frustrating for both of us because you can tell he's trying to go through his library and get the right word out. It just doesn't come. Truly aggravating.

We'll be gathering the last of the medical records tomorrow to turn everything in to the SSA on Thursday. Pray for us. We REALLY NEED that money.

When I logged on to FB I saw this quote by Harold B. Lee, former President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

"Rarely, if ever, is there a truly great soul except he has been tried and tested through tears, and adversity---seemingly pruned by the hand of the master gardener. By applying the knife and the pruning hook the branch is shaped and fashioned to God's omnipotent design, in order that its full fruitage may be realized" (Teachings of Harold B. Lee, p. 191).

If this is the case, I should be translated next week. :)

Blessing of the Day: prophetic counsel

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! (You being translated-not Mark's struggles with nouns!)

    FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY! FRIDAY!
    Can't wait. Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you can put in a good word for Tiff and me on the other side. We're both going to need it! :)

    ReplyDelete