Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Put Your Shoulder To The Wheel

It's been a relatively quiet week. The highlight, of course, was meeting with the new doctor.

Mark was trying to keep himself busy this week. He tends to get a little crazy if he doesn't have anything to do. We put bunkbeds together, he worked in the yard, ew went to see Pirates. He even tried to rewire a hair dryer for my little brother's projects and ended up blowing up the motor. After that happened, he looked at me and said, "Well now I know what I did wrong." He was embarrassed. He said, "I should have known how to do that. I can't believe I screwed that up." I think it scared him a little as to whether he can be an electrician. Not that he won't be safe, but that he'll be able to make things work. It was a real shot to his confidence.

He's been really tired lately. He's also been more active, so I figure the two go hand-in-hand. One of the doctors at the rehab center told me that their patients biggest complaint one year after a brain injury is the fatigue. I have to keep reminding him to be patient. His brain is what runs his body and if his brain is tired from trying to heal, then his body would be tired and need to rest. It frustrates him because he thinks he's being lazy. He's laying in bed while his kids go to school and his wife goes to work. But I think I finally got through to him this weekend. He's going to try and spread his workload out so that he doesn't overdo it one day, and then have to rest it off the next. Consistency. He needs consistency.

This week is full of lots of appointments. He has speech therapy, a trip to see the opthamologist, and a two hour test with the new doctor. I have a wedding cake due on Thursday, Olivi'a baptism invitations to finish, and a baptism dress to finish. The Davis family is going to be busy this week.

Blessing of the Day: work to do

No comments:

Post a Comment