Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Name Is Mark...And I Have A Brain Injury

We went to a support group at BYU tonight for traumatic brain injuries and stroke. It was not what I expected it to be, so we will go again next month and give it another chance.

There were a lot of people there, about half of them were students. There was only one other TBI and all the others were stroke. There was a guest speaker from the Utah Valley Specialty Hospital. He gave some interesting information, but he talked for way too long. By the time he was finished with his presentation, we were ready to leave. I thought it was going to be a forum like AA where you state your name, your injury, and discuss things that are on your mind. I thought it was going to be an opportunity for Mark to see others who have not only survived a severe injury, but have made great strides to get their lives back.

We got there early and were able to talk to a guy that had an anurism and a stroke. He was doing really well. We did have to go around the room and introduce ourselves and give a brief reason for our attendance. That was difficult. Mark tried to do it, but he was a little embarrassed, so I took over. We didn't talk about WHO did this to us, but just that he was assaulted and all that he's gone through. I started to get emotional, which kind of shocked me. I think I'm doing pretty well and then there will be a moment when I realize it's still pretty raw. And I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that we'll be seeing our attackers for the first time on Wednesday. I'd like to think that I can be strong and hard and not let it affect me, but I don't really know for sure how I'm going to react or how it's going to affect me. It's a little overwhelming to think about.

Blessing of the Day: strength in numbers

1 comment:

  1. Still always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you.xx

    ReplyDelete