Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fear Not Little Flock...For I Am With Thee.

Mark must have really overdone it yesterday, as he slept until 11:00 today. He was not happy when he woke up and realized what time it was. He felt he had wasted his entire day. I had to remind him of how much he had done and that that work comes at a price. And today he's paying the piper. It was interesting to see that his brain was also muttled. Since he's still in the throws of the healing process, he's going to continue to have good days and bad days. We're encouraged by his good days, but recognize that they can't be SO good that it wipes him out the next day. I'm glad to see that he wants to be busy, feels good when he's busy, and does well. He just needs a governer installed so he doesn't overdo it. I guess that would be me.

We had a fun evening with some friends. They remarked on how much Mark has improved, even in just the last couple of weeks. It was nice to get out of the house, reminisce, and laugh.

Since our lives are now consumed with what happened to us, it seems to be all we talk about. After an evening of laughing, and then talking about our situation, I was pretty down. I even got a discouraging phone call after we got home. We need for this trial to be over so we can move forward. Or maybe I need to listen to my husband and move forward without the trial...letting go and recognizing that no matter what happens, we are not defined by this. Easier said than done. I take great faith in knowing that our Father in Heaven is a man of justice. And what we are lacking in this life, He makes up the difference. He makes ALL the difference. I'm clinging to that with all that I am. It's all I've got.

Blessing of the Day: good friends

1 comment:

  1. Scarlett.. I wait each day to hear of your journey. You and Mark are amazing. I cry tears of sadness and tears of joy depending on the day. As I was looking for quotes today for our sacrament program I found this one and my thoughts were with you.

    “Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.

    “But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.

    “No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come.”
    "Dark Friday, Bright Sunday," New Era, Mar. 2008, 4


    You are both an inspiration. Our prayers are with you on your journey.

    ReplyDelete