Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Monday, April 4, 2011

Come Listen To A Prophets Voice

Not much happening here on the Davis front. It's crazy cake week, so I'm going to be in the kitchen for most of it. I've only made one cake layer and my back already hurts. Sucks getting old.

Our weekend was wonderful as we listened to Prophets and Apostles speak to us. We were able to snuggle together and listen to prophetic words while kids danced, argued, colored, whined, painted and interrupted the entire thing. But we were all together...and that is our greatest blessing.

I've taken Mark off of some of his meds. I think he's doing better without them. We got him a GIANT Book of Mormon so that he can see the words better and now he can participate in family scripture reading every morning. He only does about 2 verses, but he's doing them. Olivia or Madison will sit by him and help him with the words he gets wrong. It's a very tender thing for me to watch. He's humiliated that his 7-year-old can read better than him, but it makes my heart melt to witness this beautiful part of his healing. I just decided that I'm going to video it for posterity's sake. He'll probably balk at that, but I don't care. I'm the boss of him.

Mark and I discussed our challenges tonight as we pondered the challenges of others. And as hard as this is, we still wouldn't want to trade them for someone else's. Our life has been turned upside down and inside out, but it's still OUR life. We are intact. We love each other. Our kids are healthy. We have a roof over our heads. Our bellies are full. Our backs are clothed. And for each of these blessings we are profoundly grateful. It's a challenging life, but it's OUR life. And we are blessed.

Blessing of the Day: perspective

No comments:

Post a Comment