Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I've Got My Eye On You

Sometimes I sit down to blog out of obligation. I don't really have anything of importance to say. No news to report. No startling discoveries. I'm just drawn to the compulsion to share something...anything.

And it's funny how on those days when I think I don't have anything to say...I end up writing four long paragraphs. Maybe it's just the act of sitting down and placing my fingers on the keys that compels my thoughts and feelings to the surface.

Mark had an appointment with the opthamologist last week. We picked him up some glasses because with only one eye working, even though it's got 20/20 vision, it has to strain so much that it's difficult to see distance. We also picked up a cheap pair of reading glasses. Mark used to pride himself with the fact that his vision was perfect. Now he's down to only one eye and glasses. And it wasn't cheap, to boot. I'm really getting sick of the financial burdens and devastation that have come through the senseless acts of other people. It's really getting old.

We've been preparing much for Olivia's baptism. I remember unburdening myself to my mom one night when Mark was still in the ICU. I was worried that he wouldn't be able to baptize Olivia. I knew that if he wasn't able to, it would be devastating to him. But as we prepare for this sacred occassion, I am filled with love and gratitude that he can fulfill his role as Patriarch and father. I guess that's one of the silver linings in these dark heavy clouds that continue to overshadow us.

Blessing of the Day: new beginnings

No comments:

Post a Comment