Please Help

A fund has been set up through Paypal for Mark, Scarlet and the girls.

Go to http://www.paypal.com/. Login to your Paypal account, or just click on the send money tab. You don't have to have a Paypal account to donate.

Email account required to donate:
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com

If you have any questions or don't want to donate by Paypal, please email us at
ourelectricpunk@gmail.com.

Thank you so much for love, concern and prayers on their behalf.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Anniversary, Baby

Today Mark and I celebrated 19 years together. In some respects I can't believe it's been THAT long, and in others it seems like only yesterday we were walking down the aisle in a little Baptist church in Marlow Community in Texas. We have had our share of ups and downs, good times and bad, joys and sadnesses. But what I can tell you is that I have never been more grateful to have him by my side than I am this year.

Last year was momentous as he had only been out of the hospital for a month. I DO remember that day as if it was yesterday. We were in the middle of prepping to move and had had many of our friends and neighbors over the day before helping us pack. On Saturday, our actual anniversary, Tye, Paige, Mark and I were in our garage stripping the plastic coating off of some scrap wire. Mark lasted about 5 minutes before he had to go lay down. Not the most exciting anniversary celebration. Then the next day Mark suffered his first seizure and we ended up spending the next 3 days in the hospital. I was just as worried about him then as I had been when he was first injured. I wasn't sure what I was going to get back.

Today as we walked hand-in-hand out of church with our three little girls, I was overcome with love and joy for having this man in my life. He is a warm, kind, loving husband and father. There is no one else I would rather spend the eternities with than him. And there is no one else I need by my side more than him as we prepare for the events of next week. I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for sparing his life and giving me back my Mark. I love you, Babe! Happy Anniversary!

Blessing of the Week: eternal families

No comments:

Post a Comment